How to report Molestation
Mostly women would want to forget about incident or feel too embarrassed to pursue the issue with the police. But the police can do nothing to curb this social evil unless the women report or lodge an FIR with the police. A woman who has the courage to complain when her dignity has been challenged would be a beacon of hope for other women and help punish the disgusting perverts. The society would appreciate these courageous women who pursue the matter with the police as it acts as a severe deterrent for future occurrences. If Women remain scared now they will remain scared forever.
The women should follow the following procedure :
- Assess the situation first, if it was a casual pass then it maybe ignored.
- Discuss it with family members and decide the course of action.
- While reporting it to the police, demand anonymity.
- If you cannot approach the police then approach local NGO’s who can help you cope up with the incident and also get the accused punished.
In the case of Child Molestation cases extra care needs to be taken.
- Talk to the child politely and also make him forget about the whole incident.
- Parents or close relatives should report the matter to the police.
- If the accused is a closed one, then the parents of the child should confront the accused and get him punished to ensure that such an incident is not repeated again.